Chapter 7 Processes & Fees
As your bankruptcy attorney, we want you to be fully aware of the process and fees associated with filing for Chapter 7.
- The attorney fees vary depending on the circumstances of your case.
- The filing fee for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is approximately $335.00
- The mandatory credit counseling course prior to filing normally costs about $10 per filing. This fee may be waived in certain situations. Ask your bankruptcy attorney for more information.
- The financial management course costs approximately $10.
From filing to discharge, the entire process for Chapter 7 bankruptcy typically takes about four to six months, with the following milestones:
- Initial consultation with a bankruptcy attorney
- Complete all forms and schedules
- Complete credit counseling
- Review, approval and filing of petition and schedules with your bankruptcy attorney
- Complete Financial Management Course
- 341 Meeting of Creditors
Contact Your Bankruptcy Attorney at Callahan Law Firm
Your bankruptcy attorney is here for you during this difficult time and is prepared to help you navigate the Chapter 7 process. Contact us online contact form or call the Callahan Law Form today at 816-822-4041 for a free consultation.