Foreclosure Defense Attorney in Kansas City
A foreclosure occurs when a borrower has stopped making payments to a lender, who then tries to recover the money owed. The lender can use the borrower's home as collateral to collect the lost assets. Being faced with foreclosure can be a terrifying and jolting experience, but it is important to know that it is avoidable and there is hope to resolve the situation with the help of a foreclosure attorney.
Don't let your home go into foreclosure; call your compassionate attorneys at the Callahan Law Firm at the first sign of trouble. We will go on the offensive, fighting for your home and finances.
What You Can Do to Stop Foreclosure
There are a number of steps you can take to prevent foreclosure on your home:
- Contact us immediately
- Gather your loan documents for us to review
- If necessary, file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Pursue a loan modification
We are just as passionate about halting foreclosure on your home as you are, so be sure to call us today. Our foreclosure attorney team is prepared to fight for your rights and offer advice for relief from your financial troubles.
There are also various situations that may help a foreclosure attorney defend your case. These include:
- Being on active duty as a member of the military
- If the original lender is engaged in illegal lending practices
- The mortgage servicer made a serious mistake, such as imposing excessive or unauthorized fees
- The terms of the mortgage are outrageously unfair, or "unconscionable"
- The lender did not follow the correct procedures for foreclosure
Of course, each of these circumstances must be thoroughly proven by a foreclosure attorney. Our experienced attorneys can help you determine if you are eligible for one of these defenses.